Choosing a Continuing Care Retirement Community
(CCRC) is about proactively managing your quality of life as you age. A move to a CCRC offers creative opportunities for healthy aging, as well as a full continuum of health services should you need them. These health services generally include: assisted living, memory care, home care and skilled nursing support.
But how does the process work?
- Residents join the community as active, independent adults by selecting a home or apartment of their choice.
- Upon selection, a 10% deposit (of selected entry fee) is made to hold that home until the resident moves into the community.
- Residents pay a one-time entry fee and an ongoing monthly service fee. The fee varies based on the residence chosen and whether it is occupied as a single person or a couple.
How does the Entry Fee Work?
There are two options of entry fees at our three Judson communities:
- A 75% Refundable Entry Fee where 75% of the entry fee is refunded to the resident or estate upon termination of the contract. Should you live in the community for fewer than six years, a portion of the other 25% of the Entry Fee you paid will be refunded to you in addition to the 75% guaranteed refund.
- A Standard Entry Fee where you pay a reduced entry fee amount which is amortized over six years. Should you live in the community for fewer than six years, a portion of the Entry Fee you paid will be refunded to you.
Benefits of choosing a retirement community with an entry fee:
- You have access to a full continuum of healthcare services should you need it
- Discounts on future healthcare services that you utilize
- Medical deduction tax benefits
- Estate preservation (75% refund)
- The benefit of Community and the support and peace of mind that comes with it
What Does the Monthly Service Fee Include?
- Bi-weekly housekeeping service
- Linen service
- Utilities including:
- high-speed Internet service
- basic cable television
- heat/air conditioning
- Monthly Dining allowance for use in multiple dining venues
- Scheduled transportation services to scheduled, local trips/appointments
- All maintenance, including:
- Building & home repairs
- Grounds keeping/landscaping
- Snow removal
- Trash removal
- Social/Recreational/Educational Programs & Events
- Lifetime membership to Health & Wellness Programming including:
- Fitness classes and instruction
- Warm water pool, hot tub, sauna
- Fitness Center
- 24-hour personal emergency call system
- 24-hour security
- Property taxes
- 10 days of free, temporary care at South Franklin Circle’s Crane House Health Center or the Judson Health Center at Judson Park per year
- Discounted Health Services fees (as needed)
Want to learn more about the entry fee process at Judson?