What Is a CCRC Entry Fee and How Does It Work?

Choosing a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) is about proactively managing your quality of life as you age. A move to a CCRC offers creative opportunities for healthy aging, as well as a full continuum of health services should you need them. These health services generally include: assisted living, memory care, home care and skilled nursing support.

But how does the process work?

At Judson:

  • Residents join the community as active, independent adults by selecting a home or apartment of their choice.
  • Upon selection, a 10% deposit (of selected entry fee) is made to hold that home until the resident moves into the community.
  • Residents pay a one-time entry fee and an ongoing monthly service fee. The fee varies based on the residence chosen and whether it is occupied as a single person or a couple.

How does the Entry Fee Work?

There are two options of entry fees at our three Judson communities:

  • A 75% Refundable Entry Fee where 75% of the entry fee is refunded to the resident or estate upon termination of the contract. Should you live in the community for fewer than six years, a portion of the other 25% of the Entry Fee you paid will be refunded to you in addition to the 75% guaranteed refund.
  • A Standard Entry Fee where you pay a reduced entry fee amount which is amortized over six years. Should you live in the community for fewer than six years, a portion of the Entry Fee you paid will be refunded to you.

Benefits of choosing a retirement community with an entry fee:

  • You have access to a full continuum of healthcare services should you need it
  • Discounts on future healthcare services that you utilize
  • Medical deduction tax benefits
  • Estate preservation (75% refund)
  • The benefit of Community and the support and peace of mind that comes with it

What Does the Monthly Service Fee Include?

  • Bi-weekly housekeeping service
  • Linen service
  • Utilities including:
    • high-speed Internet service
    • basic cable television
    • heat/air conditioning
    • water
    • electricity
  • Monthly Dining allowance for use in multiple dining venues
  • Scheduled transportation services to scheduled, local trips/appointments
  • All maintenance, including:
    • Building & home repairs
    • Grounds keeping/landscaping
    • Snow removal
    • Trash removal
  • Social/Recreational/Educational Programs & Events
  • Lifetime membership to Health & Wellness Programming including:
    • Fitness classes and instruction
    • Warm water pool, hot tub, sauna
    • Fitness Center
  • 24-hour personal emergency call system
  • 24-hour security
  • Property taxes
  • 10 days of free, temporary care at South Franklin Circle’s Crane House Health Center or the Judson Health Center at Judson Park per year
  • Discounted Health Services fees (as needed)

Want to learn more about the entry fee process at Judson?

Contact us today to talk to a sales counselor »

© Copyright 2024 Judson Services, Inc. Judson Smart Living® is a registered trademark Privacy Policy Sitemap

Skip to content