Since 1906, Judson has been guided by and has served an amazing, dynamic cadre of people, who embody the spirit of Bringing Community to Life.
View our timeline of key dates in Judson’s history below. Interested in more details? Learn more about Judson.
John D. Rockefeller donates $5,000 to a capital campaign started by the Women’s Social Bible class at the Euclid Avenue Baptist Church.
The money goes toward the purchase of a home at 3334 Prospect Ave. It became known as the Baptist Home of Northern Ohio. Its mission: “to accommodate the aged of whom half a score have found it as restful as the ‘shadow of a great rock in a weary land.’ ”
Baptist Home of Northern Ohio outgrows Prospect Ave. home and moves to 8903 Cedar Ave. This home provides 27 women with a place to live.
Prospect Avenue Home
The Baptist Home of Northern Ohio purchases the Bicknell Mansion on Cedar Hill, previously home to Warren Bicknell, president of Cleveland Construction. The former master suite and the third-floor ballroom are converted into apartments.
Bicknell Mansion on Cedar Hill
The entire community is renamed Judson Park in honor of Adoniram Judson, an American Baptist missionary working in Burma from 1812-1850.
Judson assumes ownership of the Wade Park Manor, from the Christian Residences Foundation.
Wade Park Manor, built in 1923
Judson Home Care is founded, helping the organization to begin realizing a continuum “without walls”.
Judson opened the state-of-the-art Bruening Health Center, completing its continuum.
Judson is named one of the best Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRC) in America by New Choices for Retirement Living.
Judson launches the membership program, Judson at Home, allowing members access to a variety of Judson’s programs and services while living in their own homes.
Judson expands further, opening South Franklin Circle, a 90-acre, active retirement community in the Chagrin Valley.
South Franklin Circle