Meditation is the act of focusing one’s attention on the present moment. Studies show this ancient practice benefits individuals at any age, and our residents at South Franklin Circle take full advantage!
Some benefits of meditation (to name just a few) include:
- Increases mental strength and focus.
- Increases serotonin and dopamine levels in the brain (the “happy” hormones).
- Decreases anxiety and stress.
- Increases memory retention and recall.
- Improves the functioning of the immune system.
South Franklin Circle offers a weekly meditation class as part of its holistic health and wellness program. It is open to both residents and community members. Hear what they get out of the practice in the video below.