Independent Living Lifestyle
South Franklin Circle creates an environment that encourages people to follow their passions. Volunteering, mentoring students, traveling abroad–this is what we are all about at Judson –taking a proactive approach to successful aging. Comfort, freedom, security and peace of mind – it’s about setting a new standard for non-traditional independent living.
Recreational Opportunities Promote Wellness
Whether you like to bike, hike, walk or swim, South Franklin Circle gives access to all of these and more. Choose to swim at the Olympic-size pool on campus, or take in a hike at the South Chagrin Reservation, part of the wonderful emerald necklace that makes up the Metroparks.
- Wooded and paved trails for biking, hiking, jogging and dog walking, including a fenced-in dog park
- Indoor heated pool with outdoor terrace
- Whirlpool and sauna
- Social, cultural and recreational programming
- Day Spa offering hair styling, skin care, massage, manicures and pedicures
Engaging Programs for Lifelong Learning
Opportunities abound for lifelong learning on campus and out in the community. The South Franklin Circle Dialogues Series offers stimulating forums with dynamic presenters, designed to inform and inspire the community. Case Western Reserve University brings a variety of class offerings to the campus on a monthly basis. On any given afternoon, foursomes for bridge gather in the Great Room.
- South Franklin Circle Dialogues Series offers stimulating forums designed to inform and inspire the community
- Off-campus learning through Case Western Reserve University
- Monthly book club and weekly coffee conversations about current events
- Cleveland Orchestra concert preview talks by Dr. Rose Breckenridge
- Mentoring opportunities at area schools
Amenities for Inspired Independent Living
South Franklin Circle is a hub for artists, musicians and other creative types. Monthly opening receptions in the community center unveil the work of local artists. Family Art Day offers an intergenerational experience for people of all ages and abilities. Special Sunday Brunches are followed by concerts by musicians from area schools, including the Cleveland Institute of Music. Theme dinners bring in a celebration of different cultures. Using locally sourced ingredients, the food is always fresh, appealing and healthy.
- Art studio that offers a variety of classes using different media
- Monthly gallery openings celebrating artists from Northeast Ohio
- Intergenerational Family Art Day
- Sunday brunch featuring Cleveland Institute of Music students
- Theme dinners
- Radius Restaurant offers seasonally inspired, classically grounded, progressive cuisine as well as quality spirits served in casually elegant surroundings
- The Bistro offers casual dining for breakfast and lunch, take-out and delivery service
- Catering services for private functions
Health and Wellness Programs
Judson’s award-winning health and wellness programs provide older adults with opportunities to achieve optimum levels of independence and focuses on six key components of daily life:
Services Support Your Lifestyle
At South Franklin Circle, choice is the cornerstone of our philosophy, as showcased by our wide array of exceptional services and amenities.
- Bi-weekly housekeeping service
- Utilities including basic cable, recycling and trash removal
- Dining allowance
- Transportation opportunities to University Circle and scheduled transportation series to appointment and activities for a small fee
- All maintenance, repairs, grounds keeping and snow removal
- Linen service
- 24-hour emergency call system
- 24-hour security
- Property taxes