Home Care Services
Home Care Services feature carefully screened, trained and supervised caregivers who work with our professional nursing staff to keep you comfortable and safe in your home. Assistance is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and is tailored to meet your individual preferences and care needs.
The following is a list of some of the services that Judson Home Care can assist with:
- Reminders -Medication reminders, reminders to drink fluids, eating meals, attending activities
- Respite – Judson is available to provide intermittent short-term care in your home.
- Physical Assistance – Assistance with physical exercise routines or therapy exercises at home
- Hygiene – Assistance with personal care, bathing, showering, “morning or evening routine” dressing
- Wellness – Assistance with exercise classes, or other physical activities in the community
- Alzheimer’s/Dementia Care – Each of our caregivers receives specialized training to work with individuals with cognitive issues.
- Companionship – Engage residents in meaningful and relevant conversations, social activities, attending concerts and, plays, museums.
- Home-Making – Assistance with laundry, light housekeeping, making shopping lists, doing the shopping, organizing mail, meal preparation, transportation, anything that needs to be done to manage the household
All Judson caregivers are compassionate individuals with an interest in older adults, and committed to upholding Judson’s over 100-year reputation of providing excellent care. All Judson employees undergo extensive screening to ensure high quality and safety for residents. All caregivers are screened, licensed and bonded.
Judson Hospice is a fully licensed, medicare accredited way of caring for residents at the end of their lives in familiar surroundings. This program is an integral part of the continuum of care services offered to residents of Judson’s communities. A team approach is utilized that includes the patient, family, and caregivers.
Judson Hospice is licensed by the State of Ohio and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC). ACHC is non-profit accreditation organization that has been a leader in hospice accreditation and a deeming authority by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) which insures that our hospice meets both state and national regulatory standards.
Hospice Care is Available When:
- It is approved by a physician
- The patient/family desires hospice services
- The patient has a life expectancy of 6 months
- The patient/family is aware of the prognosis
- Treatment is for relief of symptoms, easing pain and offering support rather than curative
When this is the case, our interdisciplinary team of specially educated and trained healthcare professionals provides quality hospice care while enhancing comfort, dignity, choice and quality of life. Our program is licensed and certified and offers crisis support 24/7.
Judson Hospice Care Services Include:
- Ongoing medical care oversight and coordination
- Pain and symptom management
- 24-hour availability
- Patient and caregiver education
- Access to a state-of-the-art unit for respite and acute symptom management
- Social work services and referral to community resources
- Hospice approved transportation
- Specialty hospice services including Alzheimer’s/dementia
- Coverage for hospice-approved medications, treatments and medical equipment
- Bereavement and spiritual care