Our Person-Centered Approach to Memory Support
Judson strives to enhance the lives of each resident through kindness, compassion and a thorough understanding of the challenges memory loss presents.
Judson’s memory support program is accredited by Comfort Matters®, a practice that was developed at the Beatitudes Campus in Arizona, through more than a decade of research around person centered health care practices. It also incorporates the latest science on supporting people who live with dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease.
Comfort Matters® offers a holistic and integrated approach to improve quality of care and the quality of life for persons with dementia. The first step in designing a care plan that is unique to each individual is to understand the totality of each person.
- Incorporates each person’s life story into his or her care plan
- Empowers caregivers to do whatever is needed to make each person comfortable at all times
- Creates a personalized homelike environment
- Anticipates each person’s needs rather than responding primarily to discomfort or behaviors
Judson offers assisted living memory care lifestyle with a warm social atmosphere for individuals with Alzheimer’s, dementia and other cognitive challenges. Our staff works closely with the resident as well as the resident’s family members, friends and physician to create the support each individual needs.
- Specifically designed programs, therapeutic art and music programs, and social outings
- Wellness programs including daily group exercises and individual fitness opportunities
- Full meals and dining options
- Assistance with bathing, personal care, dressing, incontinence, and other activities of daily living
- Access to physician services and 24-hour on-site nursing support
- Medication monitoring and administration
- On-site physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Scheduled group transportation
- Housekeeping and laundry services