We’ve all heard the adage, “use it or lose it.” Well, today’s retirees are taking this to heart, looking for ways they can keep their bodies fit and minds sharp.
Judson’s award-winning, holistic wellness philosophy offers a well-rounded combination of physical, mental, educational and cultural programs that equally stimulate the minds and bodies of our residents.
Over the next month or so, we’ll highlight the many opportunities that residents at Judson Park, Judson Manor and South Franklin Circle have to be well.
- Exercise classes such as yoga, tai chi
- Aquatic exercise classes in warm-water, indoor pools
- Weight training either one-on-one with a trainer or in a group
- Delay the Disease – Ongoing course with exercises designed to delay the onset of Parkinson’s disease
- “Memory Training Centers of America” – This program uses state-of-the-art, scientifically based computer programs to strengthen memory. Residents work one-on-one with licensed psychologists and cognitive health clinicians
- Off-Campus Studies – In-depth courses on a variety of topics taught on site by instructors from Case Western Reserve University
- Senior Audit program at Case Western Reserve University – Residents may audit courses at a discount
- South Franklin Circle Dialogue Series – Since 2009 this resident-run series features speakers both locally and from across the globe and is open to the greater community
- Tuesday Evening programs -This series of lectures and musical performances alternates between Judson Manor and Judson Park
- Concerts featuring members of the world-renowned Cleveland Orchestra, as well as students and faculty from The Cleveland Institute of Music
- The Howson Gallery at Judson Park features a rotating calendar of innovative Cleveland artists chosen by a committee of art-loving residents
- “Through the Eyes of the Artist” – An art history lecture series offering in-depth overview of an artist’s life and work
- Each community has an art studio for individual use or group classes
For more information about Judson’s active adult community offerings or holistic wellness, please call (216) 791-2004 or click here.